Hi runbox team,
As I recently joined the beta, here are a few feedbacks that I hope you’ll find useful. Even if the list bellow is focused on areas of improvement, let me tell you that my overall experience with the beta is really good so far. Most of the feedbacks bellow are about UI and UX tweaks, but my general overview is that your webmail is quite clear, pleasant and easy to use, and super fast!
Now with the feedbacks:
- Discarding a draft should go back to inbox. Alternatively, the “draft” item in folders menu should be highlighted to make clear where we are (Currently, the previous folder stays highlighted in the menu)
- On a mobile device or a small window, as soon as the folder menu overlays the messages list, selecting a folder should discard the menu. At the moment, its not always obvious to understand if the action has been preformed or not, it always requires an extra click while it could be more straightforward.
- Top level menu (Webmail, Contacts, Files, Settings) is not available on small window or mobile device
- Many buttons are just an icon and only provide a label thanks to a tooltip that appears on mouse over (e.g. compose window, “theaded converstion”, etc). This make the interface difficult to use on touch devices without a mouse (either mobile or tablet).
- I find confusing that the search is actually global (e.g. in every folders). I think this is might be because the search field position suggest search will be contextual to the current folder. Also it would be interesting to be able to search in a specific folder. I don’t think this is possible at the moment.
- Maybe it’s a matter of getting used to it, but I find the “Drafts” screen quite confusing for now. Every email client I used tend to put the draft in context with the appropriate conversation. Here, I can’t tell I have a pending reply just by looking at my inbox. Instead I need to go in the “Drafts” section and try to figure out to which message each draft refers to.
- I feel like the compose window could benefit from smaller input fields (from, to, cc, bcc, Subject, etc), to make some room to the message content text area, at least on small screens/windows. For example, on my 13" laptop, even in fullscreen, the webmail header + “toggle folder pane” button area +email subject + input fields are taking more than ~2/3 of the screen height, leaving only 1/3 to write the content of the message (before scrolling).