Alias improvment

1 Please make the alias Description available so it can be seen on the Identities page without having to click Edit for each alias. Sorting aliases by Description on the same page would be extremely helpful.

2 The only alias field I use is the Description so I can remember what each alias is used for. Please make it so the unused alias fields are hidden and only the occupied fields are displayed. For users like me that have very little on the alias menu this will condense the list significantly and make it easier to navigate.

Even going as far as doing something similar to Windows where files can be listed with small condensed icons all the way up to really large ones depending on the users preference. User options for what to display for the alias list on the Identities page would be much appreciated. The display options should at least include: From Name, Description, a combination of all of the above, or all of the above.

3 In the email From menu where aliases are chosen to send an email, myself and probably most users would love it, if there were an option to show the alias Description alongside the email address. Or even better if only the Description or From Name could be displayed instead of the alias email. That way it will be easier to find the alias you want to select to send an email from.

The best option would to provide a menu or options on the Identities page allowing each user to select how they want their aliases to be displayed in the From menu. The options should at least include: From Name, Description, a combination of all of the above, or all of the above.

4 Alias creation needs to be added to the Identities page to make interaction with the site less confusing by not having switch back and forth between the 6 and 7 interface to create and manage aliases. This is likely already planned for the future but want to mention it just in case it hasn’t been said yet.

Hello. As you say, we plan to move the alias creation page to Runbox 7 in the near future and it is then we can make some improvements. We’ve already identified the need for the description to be visible.

Just for clarity, in a technical sense aliases are for receiving email and identities are for sending and although they are related in any system that lets you send from your aliases (some don’t like Outlook) then they are of course related. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like