Allow sorting of Trash Folder

Please allow sorting of Trash Folder by ‘From’ and ‘Subject’. This was available in Runbox 6.

Hello @dgsimm and welcome to the forum!

Sorting by column is currently only available when using the local synchronized index, which can be activated by using the button at the bottom of the folder pane.

Part of the reason for this is that Runbox 7 supports endless message lists, and retrieving very long lists from the servers would be inefficient at best.

– Geir

I am afraid you have not answered my question. The local synchronized index is activated. Sorting by column is NOT AVAILABLE in the TRASH folder. It is available in other folders. Like I said earlier, sorting by column in the TRASH folder is available in RUNBOX 6.

The Trash and Spam folders are currently not part of the index as it would dramatically increase the average index size and decrease the app’s performance. Therefore these data are retrieved from the database and my previous reply explains why this could cause issues in Runbox 7.

We agree that such functionality would be useful and may consider alternatives for implementing it if feasible.

– Geir

I know this is an old post but just wondering if there is any update to this possible modification. I use sort by name in the trash all the time as it allows me to permanently delete the rubbish emails quickly and more importantly to so a final check for any ones that should not be deleted that have been marked for deletion. At the moment I do what no doubt others do, bounce back to good old RB6 for those tasks not available on RB7.