Calendar import / caldav sync?

Hi there !
I currently try to migrate my calendar from mailbox.org to runbox but have a few issues.
I have exported / downloaded a single ics file containing my whole calendar from mailbox.org.

I try to upload by caldav using this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sufficientlysecure.ical

Then, I use davx5 to sync contact & calendar from Runbox with my phone.

The event where successfully imported in my calendar “runbox”, locally on my phone.
But for some reason, events are not uploaded to my online runbox calendar.

Also, If I create an event on my phone, it won’t be uploaded online…but If I create an event online, it will be sync’ed on my phone (so I assume the davx5 can connect correctly).

Did I missed something ?

Hi!

Also, If I create an event on my phone, it won’t be uploaded online…but If I create an event online, it will be sync’ed on my phone (so I assume the davx5 can connect correctly)

Does a page refresh help with this? I think Calendar (currently) won’t automatically pick up changes to events that it didn’t do itself.

Does the “runbox” calendar you created on your phone show up on the calendar listing on the left of the page?

Also, you can currently upload the single .ics and import it to runbox straight from the Runbox7 Calendar (with the Import event button, which clearly could be named better :­)) – the result should be pretty much the same, but maybe you can try that to see if there’s a difference?

mmm maybe I damaged something ?

Does a page refresh help with this? I think Calendar (currently) won’t automatically pick up changes to events that it didn’t do itself.

it’s even worse: the event disappeared from online calendar (but still in my phone calendar).:scream:
Currently my online calendar seems completly empty.

Does the “runbox” calendar you created on your phone show up on the calendar listing on the left of the page?

I do have nothing below my calendar on the left menu:
Calendar4

I cannot import my “big” ics: last week, it was raising a server error (I reported here: Calendar Import Event not working)

I retried following your message but I cannot select my calenda (see screenshot below)
calendar3

I tried the following:

• un-sync “calendar” from runbox in davx5 => My android calendar does not display anything from runbox.
  • rename my calendar “Calendar” to “runbox_cal” in runbox7 online.
  • refresh my runbox account on davx5 so I can select “runbox_cal” and sync.
    My android calendar is filled again, but online calendar remain empty.

Ok, I looked at the logs and I’m seeing plenty of errors on the back end: the good news is that your calendars are probably all fine, just broken in Runbox7. The sync with your phone (or other devices) should still work fine but there’s definitely some bug in the online component I need to locate and fix.

I’ll dig around and see what I can find, and come back to you when I have a cause and a solution. Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for trying the Calendar and helping us make it better :­)

No problem, I can deal with caldav/phone only for a while. I anyway use calendar on my phone 99% of time.

Hi Poule just found this thread after posted my own issue regarding CalDEV. I’m wondering if part of your issue is perhaps caused by what I’ve found.

Also, If I create an event on my phone, it won’t be uploaded online…but If I create an event online, it will be sync’ed on my phone

On your phone, depending on your app, events may be saved under a “Home”, “Work” or “Tasks” calendar (All under the Runbox main calendar). I’ve found that (for me at least) anything I save under Tasks will NOT sync back to the server. It shows up on my phone but that’s it.

It may be worth it to check your phone and see if that is the case. If so, and if you can edit those event and change the calendar to “Home”, it should sync back to the server at that point. The testing could also help pinpoint the issue for the devs.

Hi @PGAnt, Following your message, I checked this, but I do not have similar categorie (home, work etc…).
Currently, I use “Etar” as calendar app on android and davx5 for caldav sync.

Is “home, work &tasks” the defaults calendars on runbox ? because I deleted those to keep only one calendar (named “runbox_cal”).
When I create a “meeting” on my phone, I apply it on “runbox_cal”.

Hello @tadzik, may I ask if some findings occured since our last discussion in june ?

Hi, is there any update since june ?

I still can sync my caldav from android, but meetings are still not visible on web interface (calendar in runbox7)

Hi @poule, sorry for the delay. There’s been much work regarding the SCA payment directives in EU and Calendar issues and development had to be deprioritized temporarily; I’m back on it though now :­)

I’ll need some help with debugging your issue, but I can’t do it entirely by myself as I don’t have direct access to your account. I’ll contact you through a direct message and hopefully we can figure this out.

Hi!
No problem!
I just answered your DM with test results.