Calendar questions

I am not sure what forum to post this on as there does not seem to be a forum dedicated to the calendar development. If posts regarding the calendar should go elsewhere, please let me know.

A few bugs…

1- Under “Calendars +” i see the message “loading calendar” and it just sits there doing nothing.

2- Unable to create a calendar. I click on + to create one… give it a name… and then nothing appears on the screen

3- Come to create an event. Give it a name, date and time. However under calendar, nothing shows up. Even the “test” that i created is not there. I am still allowed to save the event, but naturally nothing shows up.

So as far as i can tell, i see the physical calendar, but nothing works.

I am using FF 66.0.4 x64. I made sure that NoScript and ABP was disabled, but it made no difference.

Hey, sounds like something is indeed properly broken – everything you said indicates that the calendar webapp fails to communicate with our server somehow.

Could you send/PM me your Runbox username so I can see if everything is alright in the backend? Meanwhile, if you could take a look at the developer console (right click anywhere on the page ->inspect element -> switch to the “Console” tab) and see if there’s any errors in there that look calendar related, that’d help a lot too :­) I’ll put some effort into improving calendar’s error reporting, as it’s evidently lacking in that regard. Thanks in advance.

For the life of me i cannot figure out how to PM you. I click on your name and i see all sorts of stats for you, including your achievements and badges, but no option to send a PM. Ill keep looking for how to PM you.

There are lots of errors in the console tab.

Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to control frames respectively.
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAIw4AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAEzMAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAI7kAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAI3gAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAIt0AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAIw4AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAEzMAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAI7kAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAI3gAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAIt0AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAG1gAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAGvEAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAGz8AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAGVUAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAG1gAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAGvEAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAGz8AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAGVUAB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAKD5AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAJd6AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAKD5AB… (“font-src”).
Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at data:font/woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAJd6AB… (“font-src”).
Loading Xapian webassembly binary main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:1474331
UpdateAlertService started main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:3066978
Xapian boot time 517 ms main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:1479447
Fetching calendars and events main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:1590700
ERROR
Object { headers: {…}, status: 500, statusText: “Internal Server Error”, url: “https://runbox.com/rest/v1/calendar/calendars”, ok: false, name: “HttpErrorResponse”, message: “Http failure response for https://runbox.com/rest/v1/calendar/calendars: 500 Internal Server Error”, error: "\n<html xmlns=“http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=“en” lang=“en”>\n\n <meta http-equiv=“Content-Language” content=“en” />\n <meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />\n Runbox::Service::REST\n <script type=“text/javascript”>\n \n \n <style type=“text/css”>\n body {\n font-family: “Bitstream Vera Sans”, “Trebuchet MS”, Verdana,\n Tahoma, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;\n color: #333;\n background-color: #eee;\n margin: 0px;\n padding: 0px;\n }\n :link, :link:hover, :visited, :visited:hover {\n color: #000;\n }\n div.box {\n position: relative;\n background-color: #ccc;\n border: 1px solid #aaa;\n padding: 4px;\n margin: 10px;\n }\n div.error {\n background-color: #cce;\n border: 1px solid #755;\n padding: 8px;\n margin: 4px;\n margin-bottom: 10px;\n }\n div.infos {\n background-color: #eee;\n border: 1px solid #575;\n padding: 8px;\n margin: 4px;\n margin-bottom: 10px;\n }\n div.name {\n background-color: #cce;\n border: 1px solid #557;\n padding: 8px;\n margin: 4px;\n }\n code.error {\n display: block;\n margin: 1em 0;\n overflow: auto;\n }\n div.name h1, div.error p {\n margin: 0;\n }\n h2 {\n margin-top: 0;\n margin-bottom: 10px;\n font-size: medium;\n font-weight: bold;\n text-decoration: underline;\n }\n h1 {\n font-size: medium;\n font-weight: normal;\n }\n /* from http://users.tkk.fi/~tkarvine/linux/doc/pre-wrap/pre-wrap-css3-mozilla-opera-ie.html /\n / Browser specific (not valid) styles to make preformatted text wrap /\n pre {\n white-space: pre-wrap; / css-3 /\n white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; / Mozilla, since 1999 /\n white-space: -pre-wrap; / Opera 4-6 /\n white-space: -o-pre-wrap; / Opera 7 /\n word-wrap: break-word; / Internet Explorer 5.5+ /\n }\n \n\n\n <div class=“box”>\n <div class=“error”>\n <div class=“infos”>

\n(en) Please come back later\n(fr) SVP veuillez revenir plus tard\n(de) Bitte versuchen sie es spaeter nocheinmal\n(at) Konnten’s bitt’schoen spaeter nochmal reinschauen\n(no) Vennligst prov igjen senere\n(dk) Venligst prov igen senere\n(pl) Prosze sprobowac pozniej\n(pt) Por favor volte mais tarde\n(ru) Попробуйте еще раз позже\n(ua) Спробуйте ще раз пізніше\n(it) Per favore riprova più tardi\n
\n\n <div class=“name”>\n \n\n\n " }
main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:557051
ERROR
Object { headers: {…}, status: 500, statusText: “Internal Server Error”, url: “https://runbox.com/rest/v1/calendar/events”, ok: false, name: “HttpErrorResponse”, message: “Http failure response for https://runbox.com/rest/v1/calendar/events: 500 Internal Server Error”, error: "\n<html xmlns=“http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml” xml:lang=“en” lang=“en”>\n\n <meta http-equiv=“Content-Language” content=“en” />\n <meta http-equiv=“Content-Type” content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” />\n Runbox::Service::REST\n <script type=“text/javascript”>\n \n \n <style type=“text/css”>\n body {\n font-family: “Bitstream Vera Sans”, “Trebuchet MS”, Verdana,\n Tahoma, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;\n color: #333;\n background-color: #eee;\n margin: 0px;\n padding: 0px;\n }\n :link, :link:hover, :visited, :visited:hover {\n color: #000;\n }\n div.box {\n position: relative;\n background-color: #ccc;\n border: 1px solid #aaa;\n padding: 4px;\n margin: 10px;\n }\n div.error {\n background-color: #cce;\n border: 1px solid #755;\n padding: 8px;\n margin: 4px;\n margin-bottom: 10px;\n }\n div.infos {\n background-color: #eee;\n border: 1px solid #575;\n padding: 8px;\n margin: 4px;\n margin-bottom: 10px;\n }\n div.name {\n background-color: #cce;\n border: 1px solid #557;\n padding: 8px;\n margin: 4px;\n }\n code.error {\n display: block;\n margin: 1em 0;\n overflow: auto;\n }\n div.name h1, div.error p {\n margin: 0;\n }\n h2 {\n margin-top: 0;\n margin-bottom: 10px;\n font-size: medium;\n font-weight: bold;\n text-decoration: underline;\n }\n h1 {\n font-size: medium;\n font-weight: normal;\n }\n /
from http://users.tkk.fi/~tkarvine/linux/doc/pre-wrap/pre-wrap-css3-mozilla-opera-ie.html /\n / Browser specific (not valid) styles to make preformatted text wrap /\n pre {\n white-space: pre-wrap; / css-3 /\n white-space: -moz-pre-wrap; / Mozilla, since 1999 /\n white-space: -pre-wrap; / Opera 4-6 /\n white-space: -o-pre-wrap; / Opera 7 /\n word-wrap: break-word; / Internet Explorer 5.5+ */\n }\n \n\n\n <div class=“box”>\n <div class=“error”>\n <div class=“infos”>

\n(en) Please come back later\n(fr) SVP veuillez revenir plus tard\n(de) Bitte versuchen sie es spaeter nocheinmal\n(at) Konnten’s bitt’schoen spaeter nochmal reinschauen\n(no) Vennligst prov igjen senere\n(dk) Venligst prov igen senere\n(pl) Prosze sprobowac pozniej\n(pt) Por favor volte mais tarde\n(ru) Попробуйте еще раз позже\n(ua) Спробуйте ще раз пізніше\n(it) Per favore riprova più tardi\n
\n\n <div class=“name”>\n \n\n\n " }
main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:557051
checking for updates
main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:3067248
Dialog result: undefined main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:1593729
checking for updates main.46bd9ed04db41684baef.js:1:3067248
checking for updates

I went back into the calendar a few moments ago and it seems to be working now. Not sure what happened. I had been playing in the contacts wanting to convert my old style contacts. that had failed the first time… But the 2nd time i ran the conversion it worked. I then went into Calendar and it seems to be functional.

One comment…

I created an event. In month view all i see is a red circle to indicate that i have an event on that day, but it does not even show me anything other than the red dot even though there is plenty of room to at least display the event title. Also i am not sure why there is a red circle with a 1 in it and then a blue circle below it.

When i click on it, a new line appears with the event. i think having it pop up with a display window similar to Gmail is a better way of displaying the event. Less confusing and has a cleaner interface.

P.S. I still cannot figure out where the option to PM you or anyone else is.

Right, the default month view is definitly a bit wasteful in its usage of screen space; I’ll see what I can do to make it bit more useful.

Not sure what happened there with your calendars (other than “there was an error on the server”), so I’ll dig around and try to find the cause of the problem on our side; I’m glad it’s better now and I hope it’ll stay that way.

I tried to send you a PM with the button that shows (for me at least) when I click your name; let’s see if it worked :­)

Any timeline to include notifications in the calendar feature? Email alert? Or, a popup in the email client notifying you of a calendar event?

1 Like

You can access Runbox Calendar assets with DavDroid (DavX5) on Android or TbSync with Desktop (Thunderbird) and the notifications you set during event creation will show up on your device.

By default, no reminder is set. Make sure you set one for the event itself.