Calendar - sending event invites with the right email address

Hello everybody.

I am a paying user with a hosted domain with Runbox, and I have an issue with the runbox calendar: I cannot send an invitation with my own domain, as the email is always sent with the @runbox.com address.

I believe I had asked support about it, but never got any conclusive answer.

Can anyone help?

I am using Thunderbird and Google Calendar, with the same outcome.

Regards,
Carlos Dourado

Hello Carlos. I don’t see a support ticket from you that is specifically about this, so I am not sure what it was we told you that was not “conclusive” but I can look in to it if you contact us through support.

On the specific issue you mention, at the moment it isn’t possible to customise the address as it uses your log in username for invitations. This is causing a number of related issues too. We have an open GitHub ticket you can view at the link below about this, and I’ve added your specific domain related situation to it.

Hopefully we can get this done soon.

1 Like

Hello.
Maybe I thought about it, but did ended up not contacting you guys, so don’t worry about it.
I will check the bug status regularly.
This is currently one of the biggest issues for me, as it is quite visible for everyone that receives an invitation and sometimes people will not recognize the @runbox.com email.

Hi guys.

Any news on this particular topic?

It’s still quite a nuisance not having a fully working calendar (yes, it’s not fully working for me while it does not allow me to send invitations via web interface).

Regards,
Carlos Dourado

If you main email address is on your domain this should work now. It doesn’t work with Profile/Identities and will only work with the address you log in with. Thank you.

Hi Dave.

Sorry, but I am going to have to ask you to be specific.

I have a domain XXXXXXXXXX.YYY, and that is the email I by default, not the @runbox.com one.

I have followed the documentation instructions on the runbox.com site and I have the calendars configured with thunderbird, meaning:

login: @runbox.com@<XXXXXXXXXX.YYY>
calendar location: https://dav.runbox.com/calendars/…
Email: (the email I wish to use as sender when invitation is sent)

Which configuration do I need to change in order to have it working?

• I tried to send a inviation without changing anything to google and the sender was still my runbox address
  • I changed login the login to the desired email adress and authentication fails.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your patience. I have a very simple email configuration (apart from having my own domain), so I am not aware of the profile/identities.

Also, the web interface still does not allow me to send invitations, but maybe we can treat that in a diffrent thread.

Regards,
Carlos Dourado

Hello. I suggest you open a support ticket about this as we can’t look at your account details based on the information you have given here and I don’t want you to give us account details here either. You can open a support ticket here: https://support.runbox.com

That’s correct, the web interface does not yet have invitation facilities. That’s something we will look at in the future.

Hi everybody.

It’s working just fine, thanks a lot!

It’s a big first step, being the next steps:

1. allow invitations from web interface
  2. being able to chose any alias from the accounts

Please keep us posted of the evolution of these topics!

Regards,
Carlos Dourado