Cannot change Calendar of an Event

I have realised that when I try to change the calendar an event belongs to, it will not work.

How to reproduce:

1. open https://runbox.com/app/calendar
  2. choose an event
  3. change the calendar of that event
  4. Click on “update”

Result:

1. An event is shown with the current timestamp; the contents are … of a recurring event I have every Saturday

imagem

(yes, it makes no sense, the time of the events do not even match!)

After I go to webmail and back to the calendar, that strange event is gone, and the event whose calendar I wanted to change keeps the original calendar.

Hope I made myself understood. Do let me know if not.

Sorry for keeping posting about bugs, but there’s a long way to go still when it comes to the calendar, I just hope the feedback helps!

Hey @dourado, and thank you for posting about bugs! This is exactly the kind of stuff we expect and need :­)

I know it took a while (sorry for that, but there’s tons of stuff on our heads, and some of it time-critical), but we haven’t forgotten – I reproduced the bug (though it manifested itself slightly differently for me) and the fix is now in review and will probably be released soon-ish.

Thank you for your report!

1 Like

In addition, I would like the ability to edit a recurring event individually without having to edit them all.
When I attempted to select “NONE” for the recur of that event, I encountered an internal server error.

1 Like

Yes, we’re aware this is a missing feature at the moment. Many calendars offer you the option to edit the one event or all future events.

2 Likes

I’ve decided to edit my calendar client side.
What winds up happening is that it creates a new event, breaking the recur chain.