Configuring Mail Client with Sub Account

Hello all,

I am new tor runbox and if my topic is already covered anywhere please just correct me. I have the following setup I want to create but could not succeed until now.

I own 3 different private domains (let’s call them: domain1.de, domain2.de, domain3.de) with one email address each and I want to configure my Apple Mail to create a new Inbox for every email address.

So I created a main user in runbox, added all three domains and I thought all went well. But of course I receive all the mails from all the domains in one Inbox now. I then created a sub account linked to one of the domains (lets call it www.domain1.de). I created the sub account and called it “regularj@domain1.de”. But I cannot reach my sub account via Apple Mail (username: regularj@domain2.de)…

To sum up: since last time I configured mail addresses manually quite some time has passed. Can somebody tell me, how I can reach the goal of setting up 3 different email addresses from three different domains in separate Inboxes?

If there’re any questions I need to explain something more detailed, I’d be happy to answer!
Thanks!

Hello @regularj and welcome to the forum.

On the face of it what you describe should work. You have a main account where all the domains are hosted and then you have a sub-account where the username is based on one of the domains. The sub-account will have its own username, password and Inbox and this is what you should see in Apple Mail.

If this isn’t working I suggest you contact us at https://support.runbox.com or email support@runbox.com because we may need to ask some account specific questions and also look at your account set up in our admin system. Thank you.