Feature request: add option to disable non-encrypted account access

I think it would be good to have a toggleable Runbox account option that would let a user make it impossible to login-to / interact-with their runbox account via a non-encrypted connection (e.g. non-encrypted POP, SMTP & FTP).

I tried out a new email client recently and I’m pretty sure that during the account setup phase, the software interacted with my account over an unencrypted connection. It was only after the account setup phase that I was able to reconfigure the account and activate encrypted connections for both IMAP & SMTP.

This result of the above is that some emails were sent without encryption over the Internet and possibly my password was too. This wasn’t a practical problem for me this time round, but I’d like the ability to stop this happening in the future.

Hello. Thanks for your message here.

All our connections for webmail, IMAP, POP, SMTP and FTP require an encrypted connection and it isn’t possible to log in with your username and password without encryption as we explicitly deny access to the authentication system if there is no encrypted connection. Therefore, you username, password and email content should have been safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, thanks Dave. That’s very reassuring.

My feature request is invalid. Feel free to lock or delete this thread.