…is “displayed contents of folder doesn’t match what is actually in the folder, and take forever to sync with reality” a known problem? Because I encountered this almost instantly upon first starting to use Runbox 7. Messages I deleted from a folder are still visible, and a new message in the folder is not visible. Except it updated for a second and the changes were visible, then they weren’t. Meanwhile, the changes are visible in Runbox 6 and in the Runbox 7 progressive web app on my mobile device.
Can you list the browser+version that you’re using?
Firefox Quantum 69.0 (69.0+build2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1)
It eventually synced hours later at some point after I’d gotten up and left the computer running. I’m curious if others have noticed issues like this.
This issue keeps happening when I delete messages from a folder. Not 100% of the time, but often enough to be a problem.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Delete several messages from a folder by selecting multiple checkboxes and hitting the trash can icon at the right of the page.
- The checkboxes will be cleared but the messages may not disappear from the folder listing. I currently don’t know how to force this to happen, so this step involves some luck.
- The messages are deleted if you double check in Runbox 6.
- Looking at another folder and then back at the one you were working in may or may not clear the problem. I did notice some glitchy/slow behavior with the affected folder before it synced properly.
- This is occurring in a folder with over 4500 messages.
@rodgoblin Thanks for reporting your experiences here. Can I ask which version of Runbox 7 your browser is running please. The version is at the bottom on the left under the folder column.
Runbox 7 build time: 2019-09-16T17:45:10.432Z although I just got an update notice today, so the prior one was probably a bit older.
This affects pretty much all my folders most of the time.