Folder List gone?

I’m running PWA 2019-10-25T09:26:18.059Z

Earlier today the folder structure went all strange, Inbox subfolders are showing up as subfolders of ‘Archived’, though all appears normal within v6. (edit: to add, sorting rules still appear to work correctly, too, if that helps you at all.)

I’ve tried stopping sync / resync, and clearing all data/cookies/etc, but it still comes back incorrect.

I have missing folders, too. I am running version 2.8.1664 of Vivaldi.

Quite frustrating.:frowning:

I found the solution for the missing folders. I tried it on my ipad. Still no folders. But I happened to turn my ipad horizontal. And there were my folders. So for all you laptop and desktop users, grab your computer and turn it sideways.
Whoever came up with this ditty deserves a swift kick…sideways and a stupidity award.

I am experiencing the same issue after the last update. It appears to be a display issue; the folders still exist.
I typically, but inconsistently, create folders as subfolders to the Inbox folder. Rather than displaying these as subfolders of Inbox, 7 displays them as subfolders of the last user-created folder that is peer with the Inbox folder. 6 continues to display them as subfolders of Inbox.

I have the exact same issue. Folder do not seem to transfer over for view in Runbox 7. I use Windows 10. Runbox 6 works fine.

Hello everyone,

The issue turns out to be a bit more tricky than we originally though: the change that broke the folder ordering was actually a fix for the missing folders that affected some users: it turned out that it fixed one thing (and apparently not for everyone) and broke another. Sorry for that.

At the same time, thank you very much for posting your feedback, even if it was just a simple “it doesn’t work” – things like this are helping us make it better :­)

I have a change that I think fixes most of the issues involved here. I’d like to gather some feedback from you before we deploy it for everyone. It’s available right now on https://runbox.com/app-beta/. It’s a new version of Runbox 7, not final, but it includes what I hope to be the fix for the folder list problems.

To make sure you’re on it, check the note at the bottom left of the webmail: it should say “Runbox 7 build time: 2019-10-30T10:23:21.178Z”. If it doesn’t, wait a moment for the update popup to show up, or force the page reload with ctrl+F5 or your local equivalent.

Hopefully, this /app-beta/ will fix both the missing folders issue and the broken ordering issue: but since things are rarely as simple as they seem to be at first, it’s possible that there’s still something to fix. So if you find anything broken there (make sure the build time matches the one posted above), please let us know.

The “fix” did nothing to help, still no folders on R7 after a week of trying to get this resolved…

@tadzik that build looks right - all my subfolders appear in the right places as expected.

1 Like

@tadzik : me too all the folders and subfolders appear in the right place. I can again create folders and subfolders and move it. Thank you for your job.

1 Like

Hi @ecosport, thanks for pointing it out.

We found some edge cases where the toplevel folders show up fine while the subfolders appear to be missing. We’re currently working on a fix for this. Could you confirm if this is the case for you?

If no folders show up at all, could you contact support directly at support@runbox.com (unless you already have a ticket there –­ in that case the support should reach out to you soon) so we can investigate your case individually?

Hi,

This is definitely the case for me (kzemach@…). My top level folders show up, but I have no way to expand any sub-folders; they don’t appear to exist. Back to Runbox 6 for me.

Thanks,

Ken

@tadzik
Hi. I don’t use Runbox7 as my main email interface (clients rather than Runbox 6) but when I logged in this morning I noticed that all my sub-folders appeared under the last main folder in my list.

Having checked the forum and found this thread I used the app-beta link you provided a couple of days ago and my folders are all nested nicely once more. So that beta works for me.

Many thanks,
Richard

1 Like

@tadzik:
As per @richardm:

• Currently using the …/app version, my sub-folders appear under the last main folder in my list.
  • Under the …/app-beta version, my folders are all nested nicely once more.

So that beta also works for me!

Thanks, Andy

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments on the beta branch, it’s really really helpful!

We noted that the fix isn’t good enough for everyone just yet – there is two separate issues here, one of which app-beta solved, the other however will require some work on the backend – and we really want to get it right for everyone this time.

You may have noticed that Runbox 7 got a new release today (announcements incoming!), but the new release doesn’t include the folder fixes just yet. I will update app-beta soon so that it matches the latest release and also has the folderlist fix included, so that we can give it some more testing before we declare it final.

Thank you for your comments, your patience and your contributions :­)

1 Like

My folder list didn’t go away, but for some reason, in Runbox 7 my subfolders are under tasks instead of Inbox, where they should be.

Hi @masstransithonchkrow, welcome to the forums!

Does the issue go away on https://runbox.com/app-beta/?

Appears so.
When I access Runbox 7, I log into Runbox 6 first.
I decided to save your login link and hard code in into my manager so the right login page is shown.

When I noticed this issue, I had logged into Runbox 6 first.

All of my folders have been moved under Sent Messages for some reason - bug. I have tried stopping and synchronizing the index and forcing a refresh, neither works.

I figure you guys will work this one out eventually.

I am still not getting folders with my Pale moon browser. Works in chrome but is ugly as ■■■■ and there is no way I’m going to use chrome.

I just updated the Pale Moon browser and I’m getting folders finally. Not as ugly as chrome but nothing an axe can’t improve.

1 Like