Folder order issue

Hi again,
I created an “Archive” folder and inside of that folder I had a whole bunch of subfolders (I’m basically using those subfolders the same way I would use labels).
Year after year the number of my subfolder increased and I now probably have more than 100 of them. I should probably rethink my archiving structure, since it’s now not very practical. Having said that, I’m facing an issue. Fore some obscure reason, the subfolders are in alphabetical order (correct), but in 2 different and consecutive sequences (wrong).
Let’s say that I have 26 subfolders named like the alphabet (from “A” folder to “Z” folder). What I’m expecting is to find the exact alphabet as a folder structure (i.e.: “A”, “B”, “C”, … up to “Z”). But that’s not the case atm. What I see is something like this: A, B, F, H, L, M, N, T, W, Z, C, D, E, G, I, J, K, O, P, etc etc.
What happens is the subfolder order is somehow scomposed in 2 sections (first one is in bold, second one is in italic).
Within the same “section”, the alphabetical order is respected, but not in the whole list of folders.
This way, if I’m searching for folder “C”, it won’t be the third one (after “A” and “B”, but in my example it will be the 11th one (after “Z”).
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks

Being a new user Runbox user, I don’t have any suggestions to offer for what might be causing the sorting problem. But I am curious as to why you have 100(!) folders to archive your mail & why individual folders for each letter of the alphabet?

Do you like to keep every email you have ever received? Or are they for business or other purposes where you need an archive?

Maybe after knowing more about why you archive so much mail the way that you do, I will think of some better solutions. Or maybe some of my idea’s will give you another idea for a better way to archive your mail. Here’s a few Archiving idea’s:

1. Create Archive sub-folders for each subject, sender/receiver with the name of the topic, business, person etc as the folder title. Depending on how the folders are used this may increase or reduce the amount of folders.

2. If letters or words are not necessary for the folder titles, title each sub-folder with a Month Year for the email in the folder. Here’s a few idea’s 0122, 012022 or 01/2022 would be easiest to read. Maybe folders titled,
    01/2022
    02/2022
    03/2022 etc
    will stay in their proper order. You could experiment with this by changing the titles of your A, B & C folders to the above date titles and see what happens with the folder order, especially after signing in & out of mail and navigating to a different mail folder then return to Archive to see if the Month Year folders retained their order.

3. If Month & Year is still too many folders what about doing one Archive sub-folder per year?

4. Archive your mail on Runbox in sub-folders for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months & use a calendar reminder for when to download your mail archive to a backup storage on your computer & erase the Archive on Runbox.

Should use at least two back up sources if your email Archive is really important. Have one backup on a computer or phone & another backup on a memory stick, external hard drive & a cloud service if you trust & use those, I don’t & back up my stuff on local drives only.

If your mail backup is important or critical you should keep a third back-up copy somewhere safe that’s separate from where you live or work. Say with a trusted friend, family, safety deposit box or placed in a small waterproof container & buried or hidden elsewhere outside.

Could have two or three memory sticks when one is updated with the most current back-up it replaces the stick at your off-site storage so it’s easy to swap. If security is important, format the device to remove the old archive & use a quality wiping program to wipe the stick & remove remaining traces of everything.

All hard drives, memory cards & sticks have a limited life of how long they last and sometimes they fail prematurely. That’s why it’s important to have at least 2 back-up devices with the same copies of anything important so if/when one storage device fails the other should be ok.

As an additional precaution, it’s recommended to periodically replace external memory devices before they fail, so you’re less likely to suffer a horrifying data loss. SD cards have to be replaced more often then USB thumb drive’s (memory sticks). The sticks have to be replaced more often then external hard drives, the best of which are the Solid State Drives (SSD) because they don’t have moving parts the same as a memory card or stick.

Two articles below if you want to know more. I searched, when to replace (memory card) (thumb drive) or (usb drive) (ssd drive) (hdd drive). Same first 3 words for the search followed by the device name at the end in parentheses.

WHY YOU NEED A NEW MEMORY CARD

When to Replace a USB Drive?