Folder Pane (Lock Compose & Draft/Synchronize Index) & Other

Just above the folder pane, it seems like it would be best to separate out the “Compose and Draft” options so they don’t scroll when moving the folder scrollbar up/down. Same for the “Synchronize Index” just below the folders.

Incremental up/down arrows should also be included on the messages pane.

On the header menu, open options like Help and Blog in a new tab. Personally, I’d like the option (or just make it work that way) to open Contact, Files, and Settings in the same manner (new tab).

Move the bubble options - delete, move and spam - (or make configurable) to move them to the top right instead of bottom right. It’s more awkward, at least for me, to have to mouse down the bottom right rather than horizontal to the right.

(I like the Runbox header being locked. The search is outstanding! Major improvement. No easy way to tell you all the good things in R7.)

mike-smithJust above the folder pane, it seems like it would be best to separate out the “Compose and Draft” options so they don’t scroll when moving the folder scrollbar up/down. Same for the “Synchronize Index” just below the folders.

Incremental up/down arrows should also be included on the messages pane.

On the header menu, open options like Help and Blog in a new tab. Personally, I’d like the option (or just make it work that way) to open Contact, Files, and Settings in the same manner (new tab).

Move the bubble options - delete, move and spam - (or make configurable) to move them to the top right instead of bottom right. It’s more awkward, at least for me, to have to mouse down the bottom right rather than horizontal to the right.

(I like the Runbox header being locked. The search is outstanding! Major improvement. No easy way to tell you all the good things in R7.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

I would be interested in the views of other users wrt the Compose and Drafts menu items.

Up/down arrows in the message list scroll bar has been added to our todo list. The message list code is actually written in HTML5/Canvas in order to render an unlimited number of message rows without slowing down or crashing the browser (unlike regular HTML). This allows the message list to be shown in its entirety regardless of the number of messages, but it required us to write navigation controllers from scratch and that’s why the arrows haven’t been added yet.

Forcing links to open in new tabs is controversial so I suggest that users use Ctrl/Cmd+click to achieve this.

As mentioned elsewhere, the message buttons were placed in the lower right corner to be out of the way. I’d like to hear what other users think about your suggestion.

And thank you for the compliments on Runbox 7! As you can tell we have spent the majority of our time creating a fast, responsive, and modern webmail app (and not functionality per se – yet).

• Geir

Thanks for the suggestions.

I would be interested in the views of other users wrt the Compose and Drafts menu items.

Up/down arrows in the message list scroll bar has been added to our todo list. The message list code is actually written in HTML5/Canvas in order to render an unlimited number of message rows without slowing down or crashing the browser (unlike regular HTML). This allows the message list to be shown in its entirety regardless of the number of messages, but it required us to write navigation controllers from scratch and that’s why the arrows haven’t been added yet.

Forcing links to open in new tabs is controversial so I suggest that users use Ctrl/Cmd+click to achieve this.

As mentioned elsewhere, the message buttons were placed in the lower right corner to be out of the way. I’d like to hear what other users think about your suggestion.

And thank you for the compliments on Runbox 7! As you can tell we have spent the majority of our time creating a fast, responsive, and modern webmail app (and not functionality per se – yet).

• Geir