[object OBJECT try again later or contact support] popup

This pop up appears with todays emails and a couple of yesterdays, but everything else opens OK. All the email open in RB6 with no problem. No I tell a lie, not everything opens from other days either, but some do. Doesn’t seem to want to synchronise either or show folders.

Windows 10 Opers Browser (upto date)

Might be my browser seems to work fine with chrome

Seems to be same problem with opera running on MacOs Catalina. Works fine with Vivaldi Firefox and Safari

I have the same error message on MS Edge Version 96.0.1054.29. Having to revert to Runbox 6 for now…

Dan

I also have this with Safari on Mac (Catalina) and iPad with iOs12 Safari and I just checked Microsoft Edge and that also has same problem (Version 96.0.1054.34).

Same issue here on iOS/iPad OS 15.1. After latest (Runbox) update RB7 won’t synchronize inbox and now gives the OP error when opening messages.

Thanks for reporting these errors. We are investigating them now and it would be helpful with more details.

Would you be able to open the developer tools in your browser and paste any errors from the console here?

Thank you!

– Geir

Not sure what I’m doing this is is from OPera browser 81.9 4196 60 latest update. Strangley I have two of these on this computer one runs OK and one doesn’t. The one one not work is a standalone local installation and the other is just where ver the standard installation file puts it.
I have also had the smae problem on opera for Android:
DOesn’t work iOs12: Safari Firefox but does work with OPera on iOS
Android: doesn’t work with OPera but does work with Vivaldi.
Windows 10: Not working with Edge and OPera, but works with Vivaldi/Firefox/Chrome (I’ve tries this on two differnet computers)
MacOs Catlina: NOt working with Safari/OPera. works fien with Firefoc/Chrome/Vivaldi

Windows is slightly odd: On my laptop I reinstalled OPera to the version before the latest upgrade, and it then upgraded to the most recent version and RB7 it worked. On this computer one version of OPera works the other doesn’t bot are the same version.

/rest/v1/me:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
/rest/v1/me:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
/rest/v1/usage/report/popularRecipients:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
/rest/v1/email_folder/list:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
instrument.js:110 n
(anonymous)e @ instrument.js:110
(anonymous) @ instrument.js:110
/rest/v1/profiles/verified:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
/rest/v1/webmail/saved_searches:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
instrument.js:110 Error: Uncaught (in promise): n: {“headers”:{“normalizedNames”:{},“lazyUpdate”:null},“status”:500,“statusText”:“Internal Server Error”,“url”:“https://runbox.com/rest/v1/profiles/verified",“ok”:false,“name”:“HttpErrorResponse”,“message”:"Http failure response for https://runbox.com/rest/v1/profiles/verified: 500 Internal Server Error”,“error”:“1637853691.30455.0”}
at E (zone.js:832)
at E (zone.js:784)
at zone.js:894
at e.invokeTask (zone.js:421)
at Object.onInvokeTask (core.js:28497)
at e.invokeTask (zone.js:420)
at t.runTask (zone.js:188)
at _ (zone.js:601)
at t.invokeTask [as invoke] (zone.js:507)
at y (zone.js:1671)
at XMLHttpRequest.g (zone.js:1708)
/rest/v1/webpush/vapidkeys:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
/rest/v1/profiles/verified:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
instrument.js:110 Unhandled Promise rejection: n ; Zone: ; Task: Promise.then ; Value: n undefined
zone.js:386 Uncaught (in promise) n
instrument.js:110 Unhandled Promise rejection: n ; Zone: ; Task: Promise.then ; Value: n undefined

Is that what you needed?

Thanks for the details!

We have located the error, which is caused by some browser user-agents sending very long strings identifying themselves and that exceeded the database field where they are being stored.

We have deployed a fix for this issue and the problem should now disappear.

– Geir

Thank you

Appears to be working on everything I’ve tried.

The people who never get email replies from me, which is pretty well everyone who ever writes to me, would surprised at how much time I spend looking at my email account.

My understanding goes as far as putting a piece of paper in an envelope and licking the stamp.

Rob

Seems to be working for me on iOS and iPad OS now also, but it didn’t ask me to reload for any client updates or anything. I’m using the web app saved locally to my Home Screen via safari on both.