RB7 is slow and doesn't always render correctly

Folks,

I know RB7 is supposed to faster than the current RB, but I find it slower, and I find myself clicking and clicking to make things happen.

This is what I see after clicking the inbox icon several times:

The page is taking upwards of a minute to reload. When it reloaded, I got:

which is not helpful. I want to see all my folders. Oh. they later showed up.

I logged out and tried again. This time the speed was fine,but I saw this:

Hi @barry,

Runbox 7 will normally respond instantly, at least when using a local/synchronized index. Are you using a local index? Which browser and OS are you using?

If the issue persists, can you check the Console and Network tabs in the developer tools of your browser and report the activity you’re seeing?

The last screenshot you posted is presumably from a mobile device and I have created an issue for it here: https://github.com/runbox/runbox7/issues/114

– Geir

PS: Please post one issue per thread.

Geir,

Runbox 7 will normally respond instantly, at least when using a local/synchronized index. Are you using a local index? Which browser and OS are you using?

Firefox (latest) and OS X 10.14.3

I don’t know what a local index is.

This morning I selected a bunch of messages to delete from my inbox. I clicked the trash icon multiple times. Nothing. Then I think the trash folder opened. I couldn’t tell where I was. Messages were not in chrono order. Then I logged out and back in. None of my folders appeared. More clicks. logged in and out. Clicked “synchronize index” just to try something. Now I can see all my folders again.

Later, I selected all files in a folder and clicked toggle read/unread. Then I waited and watched as the screen blinked as the unread messages counter increased one message at a time as the messages toggled.

Regular runbox works fine. Faster! I have used runbox since 2002, so I know my way around it.

If the issue persists, can you check the Console and Network tabs in the developer tools of your browser and report the activity you’re seeing?

Where can I find these?

The last screenshot you posted is presumably from a mobile device and I have created an issue for it here: https://github.com/runbox/runbox7/issues/114

It’s from my mac, not a phone. It’s a shot of the window that opens to the right of the list of messages in a folder when you open !

barry

PS: Please post one issue per thread.

Sorry!

1 Like

Geir,

As I replied before, I don’t know what a local index is.

See attached mp4s of screencasts of rb vs. rb7 tests of toggling 5 messages from read to unread.

I ran the test twice:

files: rb and rb7
files: rb2 and rb72

In both cases, rb took 3-4 seconds and rb7 took 8-10 seconds.

Webmail

Firefox,66.02
OSX, 10.14.4

Macbookpro, early 2015

barry

(Attachment rb2.mp4 is missing)

(Attachment rb.mp4 is missing)

(Attachment rb72.mp4 is missing)

(Attachment rb7.mp4 is missing)