RB7 Sync issues

What is going on with RB7? I have not used it in ages. I much prefer RB6. Prefer the interface, how it works. While it looks dated, I cannot say that RB7 is any better. I much prefer the interface of Proton. Anyhow, that being said…

I decided to try out RB7 again after many months of not using it. I usually download my mail via POP using TB, but until then, I monitor my mail via the web. I have 3 folders, (inbox plus 2 others that I use). on RB6 there are 2 messages in Inbox, 7 in another and 0 in the 3rd. I just keep my online webmail nearly empty. I load up RB7, and it now shows me 2 in inbox and 22 in the other. So I stopped synchronization and they seemed to go away. Then RB7 decided it wanted to sync again with a message on top “Runbox will now synchronize with your device to give you an optimal webmail experience. The data can be deleted at any time using the buttons beneath the folder list” I just turned it ff, why did it turn itself back on again? I am back to 22 message again.

So I go back and stop sync … again … and now it goes back to 7 messages. I hit sync and it goes back and lists 22 messages again. It initially listed 52, then went to 22. Yet I know there are only 7. So where are these other messages coming from? The fact that I had deleted the old messages days ago, how is it that RB7 is able to still access them? That is kind of scary. I thought once deleted, they are gone.

Obviously, the sync is broken. The worst part is I can still load these messages up as if they were new. These messages date to the past week or so. Consdiering I have not been on RB7 in months, I am not sure how they could potentially be cached on my computer somehow. Old messages should not be popping up again.

When I click on “compose” it brings up the drafts and 2-3 seconds later the compose box comes up. Why do the drafts even come up at all? Just bring up the compose like every other email company.

2 Likes

Let me say I’m a Runbox supporter and have been a subscriber for a lot of years . Their team and support is wonderful. I like RB 6. It does all I need and at a good price and I like many of its security features

That said I, like you, am a bit perplexed about R7. It has been in Beta for so long. Other than the mail preview section in RB7 I tend to stay with RB6. If 7 became the only option I don’t think it would meet my needs as it still has too many frustrations .

I can’t quite understand the philosophy behind 7 or what the long term goals are.

I know RB wanted to create something new and unique. Something that other providers do not have. However, there really is nothing unique about it. RB7 is buggy and not really enjoyable to work with. I am not a fan of the interface. While I understand that they want to do things differently, why reinvent the wheel? RB6 works. Other mail providers such as Google, Yahoo, Proton all seem to work just fine. Proton has a wonderful interface and user experience.

I do not know what will happen if RB6 ever gets decommissioned. I have been with RB for over a decade. I like the service, security and support. And while I use TB most of the time for my interaction with RB, I do check the mail via the web interface while at work. I keep very little email online, so I cannot say how good it is for email management (folders etc)

1 Like

I don’t have too many issues with RB7 email. There are some buggy things, but that’s what it is—no-show st0ppers. My problem is with the calendar. It is just not usable.