Recently used email addresses

There is a new addition to the mail app, the “Recently used” email addresses, a great shortcut!

One small thing: the buttons have the same design as the email addresses used in the To/Cc/Bcc fields, which is visually confusing. A competitor uses a design where the names look like links (underlined text).

Hey, I’m glad you like it!

I deliberately made them look the same as the ones in the fields to suggest that that’s what they’re for, and that you can drag-and-drop them to the fields (or the CC/BCC buttons on the right). From initial feedback I gathered that the fact that you can do that is not very obvious either :­)

We’ll evaluate some options to make them stand out more and make their purpose more obvious – stay tuned :­)

Is there any way to remove entries from the list? If not, please add it.

1 Like

Nice! works fine.

A suggestion: today, the addresses are put into the TO field only. Would it be possible to add them into CC and BCC fields too? (Eg the one out of the three where the cursor is, with a default to TO?)

Oh, another one: the recently used addresses are used. Would it make sense to use the most frequently used ones (in a given past window, say 1 month) instead?

Would it be possible to add them into CC and BCC fields too?

You can do that with a drag & drop (either to the CC/BCC button, or to an already opened entryfield).

Would it make sense to use the most frequently used ones (in a given past window, say 1 month) instead?

That’s pretty much what’s happening. The window is 3 months, and the most frequenty used addresses (from the Sent folder) should be sorted first (the algorithm is here). If it works differently, then it’s a bug, and please report it as such :­)

It though it does not collect the most frequent ones as there is an address that i emailed only once in the period … or i thought i did :wink:

The drag&drop works as you describe. I noted it is a bit slow: after dropping a name on the title (closed) it took 27 seconds to complete the action. Dropping into an open field takes less time, around 10 seconds. It likely is not due to my computer/browser.

The drag&drop does not work for me on a mobile (FF on Android 8), click=touch on a name sends it to the TO field. Is probably is normal that the drag&drop does not work, right? If so, would the “send to active field” help?

Wow, 27 seconds is crazy. Anything else than “instant” is bizarre, frankly. I’ll look into anything possibly slowing it down. Thanks for the report.

Yeah, the CC/BCC is probably not available on mobile. We’ll look for some way to make it usable there as well – thanks!