Sent mail not showing in sent mailbox

Hello

I just sent two emails in Thunderbird from my Runbox account. They are not showing in the sent mailbox for Runbox in either Thunderbird or Runbox 6 or 7 webmail. If I search for something in the message body in Thunderbird, it finds them and says they are in the Sent mailbox but not specifially in the Runbox sent mailbox.

I think this happened before when I thought I had sent an email but then couldn’t find it and started to wonder if I had actually sent it at all. Not a good state to be in.

Any ideas?

Don’t expect immediate updates, it usually can take a while but they should eventually appear.

It’s already 3 hours and it is still not showing but as I said Thunderbird will find it if I search.

Firstly, I would check if Thunderbird is actually online, if you hover your cursor over the icon (bottom-left of screen of TB) it should say ‘You are currently online’.

If you are online, check in the ‘Local Folders/Outbox’ to see if the sent e-mails are there. Also check the Runbox settings: Copies & Folders, it should say ‘When sending messages, automatically: Place a copy in Sent Folder on Runbox’.

1 Like

Runbox was receiving and sending emails fine so it was/is online but taking your suggestion I checked the Copies and Folders setting and it was set to put them in LocalFolders.

I also checked the other various provider accounts and some of those also had some incosistent settings in Copies and Folders. I have been using Thunderbird since version 1 and have had my Runbox account since 2004 so it’s odd that this just happened.

On further investigation I have found 12 sent emails in LocalFolders sent over the past 6 weeks but most were in their proper place.

Thanks for the tips. I will just keep an eye on it for the next month.

2 Likes

It may also be an idea to check any identities that you’ve created in Thunderbird, making sure that the outgoing server (SMTP) is the correct one.