Sub-Account as Catch-All Account for a custom domain

Hi there,

I am in the process of migrating me and my family to Runbox. Really liking Runbox so far!

Is it possible to make a sub account the catch all account of a custom domain? I can only find the option in the main account when adding the domain in “Email Hosting”. Am I missing something?

Regards,
Markus

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

It’s quite tricky to use a sub-account as a catch all account. It should be possible to use filters in the main account to move incoming mail to known aliases to the Inbox and then use a filter at the end of the filter list to redirect anything else addressed to your domain to the sub-account.

You would need the filters to be listed in a particular order and for this you use the order values on each filter. The first filters would need to look for known addresses on your domain for that main account and move the messages to the Inbox. Then a filter looking for @domainyouown.com in the headers to redirect everything else to the sub-account.

It’s because of this last filter you need the former ones otherwise everything in the main account would be forwarded to the sub-account.

Other sub-accounts would not be affected as mail addressed to them would go directly to those accounts.

If you want to give this a try and need some help I would suggest you open a support ticket so we can look at your filters once you’ve set them up.

1 Like

Hi Dave,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I may have missed a setting somewhere.

I guess the simplest solution would be to “switch” the accounts then. I will use the catch-all account as my main account and move my “old main account” a sub-account. So everything is fine again :wink:

Regards,
Markus

Yes, you can do that. If you need any account usernames changed drop us a message at https://support.runbox.com and we’ll do that for you.

1 Like