Subject line corruption

Hi

1. Message received in Inbox (Capture1.jpg)
  2. Open message (Capture2.jpg)
  3. Click on ‘reply’ arrow, subject line is corrupted! (Capture3.jpg)

I have noticed this before (rarely) and assumed it was user error. This time I know it was not!

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your message. We’re trying to reproduce this error with a subject line containing a dash, but have thus far been unsuccessful.

Is that a regular dash in the subject line? Also, which browser are you using, please?

• Geir

Hi Geir

As far as I know it’s an ordinary dash. I have sent the source of the message to runbox7forum@runbox.com if that helps.

I am using Google Chrome [color=#757575][size=small][font=Roboto,]Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#757575][size=small][font=Roboto,]Thanks,[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#757575][size=small][font=Roboto,]Richard[/font][/size][/color]

Thanks for that. Does it happen with other messages where the subject line contains a dash, or only this one?

• Geir

Hi Geir

It’s the only one I’ve noticed, but I don’t generally look to see if messages have dashes in them. I’ll keep an eye open for future messages.

Richard

Hi Geir

It has happened again, this time from a different user.

I attach screen shots of the message as received and then when replying to it.

As far as I can see it is a normal dash, but it has one space before it and two spaces after it.

I am using Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

Thanks,
Richard

Ok, so I have another one now. This is starting to niggle.

See screenshot1.

One thing I notice about this message is that if I leave “Show HTML” unchecked the the message body contains signs of unprintable characters - see screenshot 2.

When I show HTML the message body looks fine.

Not sure this helps diagnose the problem but I hope so as it is getting annoying.

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Thanks,
Richard