Summary of points at 2018-06-05 [#829]

Hello

I have a number of issues / requests to report and it is not easy to work out if these have already been reported or, if they have, what their status is. It would help me - and possibly RB developers - if beta users had access to the issue / feature request list so we could add to or +1 existing entries?

Anyway, to my list of key points as of today:

[list]
[]Viewing HTML messages
[list]
[
]1. Urgent need to be able to bypass the ‘tick’ stage on viewing HTML messages - clicking the HTML button should be enough.
[]2. In the longer run, offer options in settings to automatically show HTML messages.
[/list]
[
]Introduction of the button to put message preview to the right or underneath message list is a good advance. However, it totally screws up mobile display! It seems to default to message preview on the right which pushes the whole RB7 display over to the left of the screen and it is not possible to pull either the menu bar at the top, or the message display back. The experience is very poor.
[list]
[]1. I would hope that there is a short term fix to correct this for mobile very soon - there is a difference between not optimising it for mobile yet and at least making it workable!
[
]2. In the longer term, code it to deliver the optimum configuration based on the device, and/or offer settings to make this configurable per device.
[/list]
[]Offer settings to allow for automatic actions when a message is moved to a folder, i.e. go back to the message list.
[
]Provide a quick fix to allow email addresses to be managed. At the moment the email addresses offered to me as I start typing go back many years and are often out-of-date, leading to potential misdirection. Please address this even if it can’t be tied in to RB contacts yet - e.g. can you list them in reverse chronological order?
[*]Allow me to set the default ‘From:’ address when sending messages.
[/list]
I hope that’s helpful - I’d be happy to merge these with existing reports if you can provide the information.

Many thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard,

We have been working on some of these issues in other threads, so here is a summary:

[list]
[]Viewing HTML messages: Please see https://forum.runbox.com/showthread.php?tid=13&page=2 for an ongoing discussion.
[
]Message preview on small screens (mobile phones): This should already be fixed (“Mobile mode should always display message preview below the list.” on 05.06.2018).
[]Actions after moving message: Agree that the preview pane should be closed when moving a message. Added issue #829 for this.
[
]Sorting of recipient addresses: Good point – we will try to find a better solution here.
[*]Default From address: We are planning a Profiles screen that will let you do this.
[/list]

• Geir

Many thanks for the update Geir - I can confirm that the position of message pane on mobile is fixed.

You mention that you have created a new issue #829 - can we see (read-only if necessary) the issue list?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard: I have attached a simplified version of our Gitlab Runbox 7 issue list to this post.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

• Geir

Many thanks Geir - that’s a very interesting list!

Are you interested in "+1"s to items on the list or would that not be very helpful?

Thanks again,
Richard

Richard: Yes of course, our priorities are updated based on the feedback here in the forum!

• Geir