TinyMCE [#756]

When selecting HTML to compose an e-mail, at the bottom left end of the message box, it says:

Powered by tinymce

When clicking the cursor within the message box, a “p” then appears to the left of that.

Is there a reason for this?

My guess (I’ve seen a similar behaviour in other HTML editors (e.g. in wordpress.com) is that it indicates you are in the middle of an open paragraph, in the

sense.

TinyMCE is an HTML editor package. See the website tinymce dot com for further information.

It is showing the HTML structure that the cursor position is currently at. This can be helpful for those that understand HTML, but I would suggest that this feature be disabled/hidden in Runbox, as it doesn’t really add much value, and only adds visual clutter and confusion for those that don’t know HTML.

FYI — As janusz mentioned, “p” is the tag that denotes a “paragraph” in HTML.

[quote=“TheDigitalOrchard” pid=‘136’ dateline=‘1518303551’] I would suggest that this feature be disabled/hidden in Runbox, as it doesn’t really add much value, and only adds visual clutter and confusion for those that don’t know HTML.
[/quote]definitely +1

I am familiar with HTML editing, and have spent many a happy (and unhappy!) hour building/editing my various websites.

I agree with the quote, in that is unnecessary for that to appear in the interface.

To move on, slightly . . .

I was experimenting with the HTML options available (Headings, etc) and seeing the “p” change and the “Powered by tinymce” moving to accommodate the change.

After I got bored with this, I x’ed out of the draft, and as I didn’t want to keep it, I re-opened and selected the delete option, when I then got this error:

So I can’t delete the draft.

Even signing out of RB7, and signing back in (perhaps this could do a reset?) I still couldn’t delete this particular draft, although I have subsequently created/deleted drafts to test.

I needed to go into RB6 to be able to delete the problematic draft.

Perhaps if others could also test to see if this duplicates?

Thanks for the suggestion – added to our todo list.

• Geir

Not able to reproduce this and would be interested in further examples.

• Geir