WebAuthn / U2F / FIDO2 support?

Hi,

Nice to see the multiple 2FA support during login that runbox has. The WebAuthn standard is now available, and is implemented by other mail hosts. Are there any plans to extend the current 2FA solution with U2F support? I use TOTP primarily and OTP as backup, would be nice to switch to U2F as backup instead.

Cheers,
/Jonas

2 Likes

Hello @zqad and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Yes, we do plan to extend the 2FA options and U2F support with a hardware token is one of the options we’ve been looking at. We don’t have an exact timeline yet for this so I can’t say when this will happen. We do definitely want to expand our offering though so we will be looking at this closely.

1 Like

Nice to hear! If you are looking for beta-testers, feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks,
/Jonas

I could help beta testing with a YubiKey, if necessary! Would welcome the additional option for a hardware token.

Any updates on this? I just pledged to get a SoloKey and I think it would be great to use this for runbox 7! :slight_smile:

We haven’t done any further work on this yet as we are busy with other projects. It is something we still want to look in to though. Sorry to disappoint you at the moment.

1 Like