Announcement: Runbox 7 Calendar (Beta)

Looking forward to the updates. This has long been on my wish list. It won’t be long before I will have an alternative to Google calendar that will more than meet my basic needs.

Hello.

Done, you should have the evens I manage to find in your mailbox.

Regards,
Carlos Dourado

Unsure whether it is on your radar or not, the roadmap is not so fine-grained: in an ideal world :slight_smile: I would like to subscribe to an dynamic web-based .ics and see the events displayed along side with my calendars. So not an import.

Hi there,
I would like to report a few things I have seen when trying to use the calendar.:smiley:
Forgive me if I report some obvious/already known stuffs.

• Calendar cannot be opened easily when using mobile runbox7 (www.runbox.com/app)…or I didn’t found the link?
    I have to manually go to www.runbox.com/app/calendar.

• It would be nice if a double click on the calendar grid would open a “create event” windows at that date/time.

• “Add event” button propose curious time: duration is “0” (beginning time = end time) and default time is current clock (ex: 10h17)…who schedule something at “10h17” ?
    So both field have to be manually adjusted.
    For lazy people like me, it may be nice to round beginning hour & add a default duration ( most calendars propose 1h)

• In “Add event” dialog box, date/time format is US, even if I selected normal :wink: date format in preference (you can see in below screenshot).

• Both in “add event” & “import” dialog, it is asked to select the calendar.
    I do have only one calendar…that I unfortunaly named “calendar”… maybe it was a stupid idea from my side, but it leads me to click on “Calendar” in the “Calendar *” section to select “Calendar”…:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:
    calendar
    I think I will rename my calendar :grin: but maybe in case of single calendar, it should be selected by default to avoid “You must pick a calendar” error.

Best regards,

1 Like

hi!

I noticed a couple of humble improvements suggestion I wanted to share:

• when switchings from month to week view, the calendar is displayed from midnight, showing, I guess for most people, an empty night…you need to roll down to see daytime.
    maybe the display shall be centered from 8am by defaut ? or maybe it should be a preference parameter?

• I didn’t see any way to navigate between years, so in case some like to place an event 2 years from now, you need to click “next” over monthes 24 times…
    Maybe there are better ideas, but at least, several calendar just shows a mini calendar where you can quickly navigate through monthes or years.

Best regards,

1 Like

Any plans to implement reminders in the near future? Reminders would go a long way in rounding out the beta calendar.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Do you mean alerts for calendar events, or tasks/ToDos that also have alerts?

Calendar alerts of some kind. Email alerts would be fine. Thanks!

By the way, the DAV server has the reminders correctly synced from a mobile app (although only one even if several were set). So this is already helpful.

1 Like

Still standing at starting point and no way to go ahead.
I’m not able to upload Contacts and Calendar. In iOS the setup of CAL and CARD dav was confirmed as successful but nothing uploaded to Runbox web. In the past I opened also a ticket on this, but probably was classified as forget it.

The Calendar has a refresh button but without effect, eventually after few pushes disappears completely. Contacts similar behavior except disappearing, there are no items to disappear…

Hello Valdo,

We’re aware that some people are still having problems with this.

I’ll send you a private message to ask you if you know what the ticket reference number was so that I can follow up on this for you.

We need to dedicate some time to troubleshooting both CardDAV and CalDAV to get this resolved but we’ve been quite busy with a number of the email features recently.

Sorry about the delay in getting this sorted out for you.

Just curious, is a search feature planned for the calendar?

It should be possible to have a search feature. We’re currently making improvements to how events are loaded and rendered in the calendar and then that could be something we look at.

2 Likes

Also, guys, don’t forget the possibility of sending an invitation via the calendar.
I believe that is not possible yet, right?

1 Like

It’s something we are looking at yes :slight_smile:

Hi again… no news on the invitation via the web interface?

One of the main goals of a calendar is to be able to schedule meetings / share events with others.

Without that, we will be forced to use a calendar client (either on my mobile phone or something like Thunderbird).

This is really a crucial feature in my opinion. Any idea how far it is in the development pipeline?

1 Like

There is no further news on this feature yet, but it remains something we want to implement. There is no time scale for this feature at the moment.

I’m in the US, and I exported my google calendar events to Runbox 7. The dates are all one day earlier. Is there a way to set the time right?

1 Like

Hi guys.
It’s been almost 3 years since someone has bothered to post a comment on this particular topic, and as a paying client, I am beginning to find this really upsetting.

Calendar has been in beta ever since it was released. We have seen plenty of “tweaks” in the web interface, and I have, back in 2021, asked about the invitation sending via web interface. I was told it was to be developed (without a deadline).

…and I asked specifically about web interface because inviations via Android (with DAVx5) or PC (Thunderbird) worked… until a few weeks ago

…and now, the disclosure: this feature was working, it stopped working and it will not work again until… we don’t know when (and at this moment, I am not even sure that Runbox people know either).

So, my questions to the community are:

1. Were you guys using calendar invitations via your runbox account? Or was I the only one?
  2. Do you find it feasible that a calendar feature does not allow sending invites? I don’t go as far as pushing for calendar sharing, but sending invites is something which is basic in 2024, sorry to say.

I checked the invitation headers and the e-mail invitation was sent via runbox own specific servers; I have shared this detail with Runbox Admins, and even mentioned a possible reason for this previously working feature to be broken.

It breaks my heart that a feature that, I repeat was working for several years (even if by chance), is now non-functioning.

So, basically now a Runbox user can manage its own calendar… but cannot interact with the rest of the world (correct me if I am wrong). That is, I can receive invitations, but I cannot send.

What is the community’s view on this?

I can confirm that I am very disappointed with the slow overall progress. I stopped using the web interface at all and work only with K9 app on Android and Thunderbird on Windows. I asked for calendar sharing once before and reported several bugs and basic feature requests. I just checked the Runbox 7 Roadmap again, but no updates have been shared since a long time. I have the bad feeling that this will be a neverending story. :expressionless:

1 Like