Moving emails to sent folder [#959]

For some reason, and not sure why, i have certain folders which had become child folders of inbox. For example i have a sent box in there with about 100 emails and i have a sent folder in the root. The reason is not important. I wants to merge the emails in the inbox/sent box to the /sent box. I select the emails and then click on the folder icon on the side which gives me a list of folders to choose to move to. However the /sent/ folder is not there. All the other folders are there, just not sent. So i have no idea how to move the emails from /inbox/sent to /sent/.

I thought i was blind and missing something, but i scrolled through the folders that came up (i only have about 20), but the /sent/ was not there.

Is this done on purpose? or is it missing?

I am including a screen cap of what i am talking about. I blanked out some folder names as they have my name as part of it.

I’m seeing the same thing here. It’s probably not been raised before as moving messages to a Sent folder isn’t a common task, though it should of course be possible. I’ll get this looked at. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Hello!

I can see this is a recurring issue. I was just searching for the same feature today, as my Import from an another e-mail provider created a second “Sent” folder and I want to merge them. Actually, it’s the same usecase as here.

When selecting all e-mail in the folder, I can drag & drop them to Runbox’s Sent folder, but it only moves the e-mails shown on screen (~25 to 30 maximum, when the whole folder content is selected and counts 2500+ e-mails).

My workaround will be to use Thunderbird, but it would definitely be nice to see this feature actived (if it does not imply a huge work of course): if moving e-mails to Sent folder is not common as a daily task, IMO it gets common when coming to migration processes from another hosting service.

Of course, this is just an opinion :wink:

Have a nice day,
K.

Hello. Yes, the select all box does only highlight the ones you can see and as such only those are moved. It’s not really a “select all in folder box” and is more of a “select all you can see” box. This isn’t intuitive and we have discussed it internally recently and may be able to make some changes to this behaviour. Sorry for any confusion caused.