Synchronizing Account Index

These issues are probably related to IMAP usage, specifically what’s described here:

https://forum.runbox.com/showthread.php?tid=58&pid=293#pid293

We are working to resolve this via our IMAP servers and will report back.

• Geir

This is exactly the situation I’m having.

Similar computer setup: Ubuntu Linux, Thunderbird, Firefox and Vivaldi.

Your changelog shows that this issue has been committed. Has it been deployed as well? I am still having the same problems with version 201803130935.

That’s actually not the same but a related issue.

• Geir

Hi

I still have hundreds of deleted emails showing in my inbox. I’ve tried stopping the index synchronization and starting again but it keeps reappearing.

Thanks

A new version has been deployed that addresses the indexing issues: https://forum.runbox.com/showthread.php?tid=64

vanecke: Reindexing has been initiated for your account, so you may restart synchronization in a short while.

For others who have problems with the index, please provide your Runbox username either here or in a support ticket.

• Geir

Apparently mine needs reindexing (again!). barry@dcsmail.net

Initiated now.

• Geir

My username is shenton@runbox.com
Thanks

Index reset now, thanks.

• Geir

It worked for one log in but I still have a lot of old/blank emails appearing.

Thanks for testing – more fixes are on the way.

• Geir

For a good period of time, indexing worked for me using Safari but never using Chrome. Now it’s broken with Safari too [v11.1] Because of this and the problems viewing mail with HTML content, I have gone back to the legacy version of Runbox 90% of the time when I want webmail. Hoping nothing is done to “break” Runbox IMAP service on Apple Mail.

Glendon: We recently initiated reindexing of a larger number of accounts after the recent fixes to the indexer, so please try to delete your local index (by clicking “Stop index synchronization” and then “Synchronize index”) at the bottom of the folder pane.

We are not planning to “break” IMAP on Apple Mail or any other software, but we will try to make our IMAP server handle moved messages more intelligently when updating the central message database.

• Geir

Hi Geir,

I’m also continuing to experience the same issues with RB7. Tried deleting the local index to no avail.

Any suggestions?

seraphim: Your account is being reindexed again now. Delete your local index and restart synchronization, and let me know how it works afterwards. Thanks!

• Geir

Thanks Geir,

Historically deleted emails have now disappeared from the Inbox (correctly) when using Runbox 7 after deleting my local index.

However, two new emails have appeared (and both were deleted yesterday).

synchronizing is still not working for me. I created a support ticket [LZA-968-77773] on the 15th and have not gotten any feedback. Is there something unique to my account, or is it not working for anyone?

Barry: If you use IMAP alongside Runbox 7 there have been issues when messages are moved via IMAP but these should be resolved. How is it working for your account now?

• Geir

Can you reindex my account again so I can test if it has been solved?