Synchronizing Account Index

bjornh: Could you create a support ticket for this please, or update a previous one that you already have? We just need to connect the request to your actual account username as part of our security procedures.

I ran my test suite again this morning using Chrome on Mac. All tests except one still failed. It seems that R7 is not updating the status of the IMAP interface.

I would be glad to work with your software people online to help troubleshoot the problems if that would help. Just keep in mind that I am in US CDT (I think we’re 7 hours different).

As far as the Inbox showing the correct messages using R7 only (no IMAP client), that seems to be fixed now.

Hello Barry,

Just to be clear, do you mean the read/unread status is not being updated? We are aware of that issue I believe and will be working on that.

Yes. Attached is my test suite. Only Test 2 passed yesterday, so it’s not only the read status, but moving and deletion. Note that all these tests work correctly with RMM6 (of course I have to do a ‘Refresh’ to get the latest display screen).

Barry: We have deployed further fixes and have re-indexed your account. Could you stop and re-start index synchronization and see whether more of your tests pass now?

In our tests syncing between IMAP clients and Runbox 7 now works correctly.

Thanks!

• Geir

Here’s my latest trial:
Mac OSX:

• tested with the following web browsers:
  •   Firefox

•   Google Chrome

• tested with the following email clients using IMAP:
  •   Thunderbird

•   DCSMail

• RB7 running in synchronized mode
  • no manual screen refreshes

test 1

• works, but only after some other activity (such as another message) causes R7 to update the \Seen flag
    test 2
  • pass
    test 3
  • works, but only after some other activity (such as another message) causes R7 to update the index
    test 4
  • failed
    test 5
  • works, but only after some other activity (such as another message) causes R7 to update the index
    test 6
  • failed

Geir, have your tests replicated my test suite? Have you tested without any manual intervention? What OS, email client, and browser do you use?

Barry,

Thanks for testing again.

My results using Firefox and Thunderbird, sending messages from Runbox:

1: Failed. I’ve (re)opened issue #681 for this.

2: Passed, within a few seconds and without any further manual action.

3: Passed, within a few seconds and without any further manual action.

4: Failed. Added to issue #681.

5: Passed, within a few seconds and without any further manual action.

6: Failed. As #4.

I’ll review the issue with our developers and report back.

• Geir

Geir,

I don’t know if it makes any difference, but I generated my input messages from Gmail, so there was an outside message coming in.

Are you using Mac or Win? I can test with Win 10 if the OS makes a difference.

Also of note, if I log out of RB7 and then log in again, the index seems to get straightened out more successfully than stopping and restarting synchronization (!).

Barry: Test #1 now passes. We’re working on #4 and #6.

• Geir

Test #4 now passes.

• Geir

Geir,

I’m still having issues. Can you re-index my account?

Thanks,

Done! Let me know how it works after stopping and restarting index synchronization.

• Geir

Thank you, Geir. All good now.