The Runbox 7 Roadmap

Yes, that’s something we want to do, but as we mentioned in our support reply it isn’t an active project yet.

There is a topic already about this and it would be interesting to know how people would like it to work. I’'ve seen it implemented various ways elsewhere as archiving my month, year and month with year.

1 Like

Dave, the Archive feature definitely NOT as described above by me.

Icon sugestions for Archive and Spam

Thanks for the suggestions @Vlado!

Just to be clear, this is the Report Spam icon in Runbox 7:

– Geir

I appreciate that, my only concern is whether we can have it in the next, let’s say, 2 years. I’ve found threads on the internet from 2008 concerning this topic - we shouldn’t wait another 10 years for that.

I completely understand this. The reason is simply priorities and this doesn’t come up very often as something that people ask for. That said, not having this feature could of course be why some people don’t sign up after their free trial and we don’t want to be in that situation.

Personally, I want it as a high priority as I make full use of the current filter system and it is lacking for what I want. When it comes to the past, 10 years ago Runbox had a very different customer base and now we are pleased to say that we are widening our reach. However, that means proportionally the number of people asking about this is fewer and this changes our priorities. Still, it’s probably overdue that we did something :slight_smile:

We did discuss this in the last week because you raised it here, and there are possibly some simple things we can do to enhance the filtering to include multiple conditions. We will discuss this again in the next week or so to get a firm idea of what can be done and what work would be involved.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m staying with Runbox eventually, but I’ll be glad to test new features once they arrive.

The calendar as it stands now is too limited for me to switch from google calendar. I would really like to be able to share one or more of my runbox calendars with other selected runbox users, and also to sync and view external calendars like a google users calendar. Are there any plans for features like this for the calendar?

1 Like

I second that! Calendar sharing is really an important feature which is missing!

1 Like

+1. I already do so but to share it I needed to share the credentials…

It would be nice to be able to set conditions for the autoresponder, such as being able to turn it on only for a single alias or at certain times. I don’t believe anyone has mentioned that yet.

1 Like

Regarding the planed encryption, maybe it will be useful to have a look on WireGuard keys and how the exchange is done.

The protocol itself is in early stage of development but the general acceptance is very positive as it is open source. Seems that WireGuard has the potential to become the new encrypted communication standard after more complex audits will be made to avoid a second generation of Crypto AG.

I have no plans to switch providers, but filtering really needs to be improved. I have almost 300 filters to move categories of messages into about 6 folders. Realistically, with a more advanced filtering system I could have six rules.

2 Likes

I could not agree more with this suggestion.

Any roadmap updates since October? For example, what new features will be added to the roadmap? The webmail client is coming along nicely.

2 Likes

The calendar as it stands now is too limited for me to switch from google calendar. I would really like to be able to share one or more of my runbox calendars with other selected runbox users, and also to sync and view external calendars like a google users calendar. Are there any plans for features like this for the calendar?

This would be a killer feature - any updates on this? Searching didn’t yield anything as far as I could see.

2 Likes

As a newer user of Runbox, I like your product policies. But your efforts to security fall rather short. You utilize strong SSL Transfer encryption which is a good start. However, whole disk encryption of data at rest is rather insecure, because your severs are on 24/7 for people to access their data. Which means our data has to be unencrypted to access, thus you have a large breach whereby anyone that could potentially hack or even employee’s with privileges could access such data in plain text. While I recognize you opt for a secure facility, you are asking your userbase to trust you completely with their data. This is problematic, as someone who appreciates strong security protocols and policies, I would prefer that nobody can access my data at all.

To be a fully fledged secure service, I would recommend you remove all personal data from sign-up like “Alternative Emails”, and remove the 2FA Recovery Code as this completely undermines the security of 2FA. In addition, not only do you need End to End Encryption of messages, but our Inboxes and Calendars have to encrypted at rest. Furthermore, you need a protocol for sending secure messages to unsecured users. Users should be given the option for messages to not be sent to unsecured connections. In addition, any types of messages sent to unsecured users, should have the option of password protecting them where PGP is not possible. I have also seen other platforms utilize messages that can expire, whereby personal data is not only encrypted but can be removed. I recently was told by Runbox that PGP is only accessible through Third-Party add-ons in Outlook, Thunderbird etc. Which is unacceptable, as you are basically saying “we are secure, but rely on someone to actually encrypt any data”. I would hope you can build add-ons for popular clients like Outlook, this seems like a no-brainer if you actually intend on bringing in encryption as stated in the Roadmap. If you think this any of this is hard, I would actually suggest you look at Proton Mail, Tutanota, or Mailbox.org.

Runbox has been around a lot longer than most of those platforms, but yet is seems Runbox is behind on a lot of security concerns. I recently read a review that it is a good email platform for those that simply do not want encryption but a secure email that isn’t plagued by trackers and adds. So I would really hope that those that who maybe reading this consider my suggestions, because if you can add these suggestions, you are on par with top level encryption emails. Again I am speaking as an end user, based on my personal experience so far. I would actually like to stay with Runbox if this can be addressed.

• Userman
1 Like

@Dave @Geir
Thoughts?

+1 Move email to Archive folder button

I think you just wish that Runbox and Protonmail could have a baby. It’s not possible however because they are different species. Using Protonmail with all that security is hard as h ell and troublesome, it’s not better service it’s different service for different people. Let’s leave a choice and not strive for ultimate security, otherwise we all would have to buy U2Fs and password login would not be an option.

Seconded, I find the gmail style keyboard shortcuts very useful and one click archiving is appreciated as well.