This is the Runbox 7 Roadmap with the main development phases and stages of the Runbox 7 development project.
Runbox 7 represents a complete upgrade of the web front-end of Runbox, and will culminate in a completely new user interface built in the Angular framework. More background on Runbox 7 can be found on our blog.
The Runbox 7 Webmail is our first priority, particularly the indexing and search engine. Our main objective is simple: To build the fastest webmail app on the planet and make email management more efficient than ever before.
The Runbox 7 app is now open source, so please see Commits · runbox/runbox7 · GitHub for a detailed status of the Runbox 7 development project.
|Runbox 7 is a research and development project with funding from The Research Council of Norway.
This is a Norwegian government agency responsible for awarding grants for research and promoting research and science.
This roadmap represents our current plan and may change according to our progress and feedback from our beta testers. So let us know what you would like us to prioritize by commenting on this post!
And if you would like to contribute, just head over to: Runbox 7 Feature and Bug Bounty Program
Angular-based webmail app featuring instant listing and searching of messages, powered by database accelerated synchronization of indices between server and client.
- Webmail > List (with folders)
- Webmail > Read
- Webmail > Compose
- Main menu
- Design integration (wrapper)
- Folder management (create, delete, rename, move folder)
- Mobile PWA app
Webmail related functionality such as Webmail Preferences, Contacts, Folders, and Profiles/Identities.
- Webmail > Preferences
- Webmail > Identities
- Contacts with CardDAV backend
- Account > Security
- Account > Domain Registration (with sub-screens)
Less urgent screens such as Manager and Account settings screens, as well as Files and other screens.
- Account > Main
- Account > Aliases
- Account > Sub-accounts (with sub-screens)
- Account > Email Hosting (with sub-screens)
- Account > Domain Hosting (with sub-screens)
- Webmail > Folders
- Manager > Retrieve
- Manager > Filter
- Manager > Access
New functionality that integrate email with other data and services, creating a message and task management hub.
These features are being developed in parallel with the phases above.
- End-to-end encryption
- Draft Desk and Message Desk
- Activity Overview/Dashboard
- Task management functionality
- Integrated video conferencing
- Smart filtering of email with task management integration
- Calendar with CalDAV backend
- File storage with WebDAV backend
- Integrated synchronous messaging
- [Your suggestion here]