The Runbox 7 Roadmap

Please add Labels feature, possibly integrated with filters. Something similar to Gmail. I think folders are important, but the ability to label mails across different folders is a key aspect.

1 Like

Yes, weā€™ve talked about doing this better and also integrating with IMAP as some email programs (notably Thunderbird) will use labels via IMAP.

2 Likes

Disabling by default wonā€™t enhance your security. If calendar events are automatically added to the calendar, yet are available in your email, someone having access to the latter will already have the info, so you havenā€™t gained in security by preventing them being added to a calendar. If you donā€™t use it, then you have nothing to worry about!

Very keen for properly integrated labels which donā€™t use something custom like Gmail does (as you say, over normal IMAP would be good). Filters are something I think RB is really missing as I donā€™t want my client to do this processing otherwise I have to ensure itā€™s always running, would prefer the server to do it. Gmailā€™s filters are good but can be very unwieldy to setup so I think some real design thought needs to go into them, but they can be a very powerful tool!

We do have filters under Manager >> Filter in your account, and these work at the server level as you suggest. We would like to enhance these in the future to be able to combine search paramaters, but they work well as they are and are something I use extensively.

Have they been there for a
while? I could have sworn I looked at that page a few times but never noticed that little section at the bottom. My main use for them would be
automatically labeling emails to be honest.

For example, I have some billing emails which I always archive but would
like to be easily retrievable for auditing (personal auditing that is).
Something that would be useful is to maintain a list of ā€œfromā€ addresses / subject lines which cause an email to be labelled as an invoice and archived.

Yes, that would be a nice feature. The labels in RMM6 are useful, but we know we can probably do more with them. Once we have more of the main Runbox 7 features sorted out we can look at these other upgrades :slight_smile:

Hi, this subject was already covered by Geir who told me the calendar function would not automatically add appoints from emails. So that was good enough for me. You point is noted, but it is still harder to go through all the emails finding appointments than just looking at the calendar. Of course sophisticated hackers might have there own software that can do this for them. But anyone who would go to these lengths would have to know something about me that makes it worth their while. Iā€™m more concerned with opportunistic hackers. But thanks for the input.

It seems like you are already working on E2EE. Can you talk more about that? How will it work? Itā€™s a PGP frontend?

Hi there,

I have a (few) comments related to security/account usage.
Would it be interesting to display somewhere:
1- An history of active and past (last week?) connexions devices/IP, like for example ā€œIMAP from IP xx.xx.xx.xx (Norway)ā€ ?

2- Maybe an information if an unusual IP or GeoIP location connect to the account.(the alternate email may be used). ? Sorry, I have to mention gmail: a few days ago, I used the import fonction of runbox to grap some content of my gmail account by imapā€¦ gosh, it was a red alert at google :crazy_face: I received 2 or 3 emails and a text on my phoneā€¦Itā€™s maybe a bit over reacting :smirk: but in some way, also reasurring.

3- Maybe some stats about account usage (mails sent of time period?). It allows an un-formal check of account activity and maybe some funny numbers :slight_smile:

What about sieve filtering? I got a reply from the Support saying itā€™s not an active project, and Iā€™m considering switching to a different provider that offers the functionality. Right now Iā€™m unable to filter out messages e.g. from a specific sender with specific words in the subject.

1 Like

Whatā€™s sieve filtering?

New features from me then:

1. Multiple conditions in a single filter. [High priority]
  2. Dedicated Archive folder with a button to archive emails. [Low priority]

Yes, dedicated buttons in RB7

I marked one message in Sent items and wanted to move it to Archive. I selected the more common looking icon, like a folder icon and clicked on it. It was report spam, the message disappeared completelyā€¦ Sh*t!

P.S. reappeared in Inbox!?

Yes, thatā€™s something we want to do, but as we mentioned in our support reply it isnā€™t an active project yet.

There is a topic already about this and it would be interesting to know how people would like it to work. Iā€™'ve seen it implemented various ways elsewhere as archiving my month, year and month with year.

1 Like

Dave, the Archive feature definitely NOT as described above by me.

Icon sugestions for Archive and Spam

Thanks for the suggestions @Vlado!

Just to be clear, this is the Report Spam icon in Runbox 7:

ā€“ Geir

I appreciate that, my only concern is whether we can have it in the next, letā€™s say, 2 years. Iā€™ve found threads on the internet from 2008 concerning this topic - we shouldnā€™t wait another 10 years for that.

I completely understand this. The reason is simply priorities and this doesnā€™t come up very often as something that people ask for. That said, not having this feature could of course be why some people donā€™t sign up after their free trial and we donā€™t want to be in that situation.

Personally, I want it as a high priority as I make full use of the current filter system and it is lacking for what I want. When it comes to the past, 10 years ago Runbox had a very different customer base and now we are pleased to say that we are widening our reach. However, that means proportionally the number of people asking about this is fewer and this changes our priorities. Still, itā€™s probably overdue that we did something :slight_smile:

We did discuss this in the last week because you raised it here, and there are possibly some simple things we can do to enhance the filtering to include multiple conditions. We will discuss this again in the next week or so to get a firm idea of what can be done and what work would be involved.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™m staying with Runbox eventually, but Iā€™ll be glad to test new features once they arrive.