What can I do about CalDav and CardDav on Android devices?

Hi community,

CalDav and CardDav works great on ios. What client can I use on Android devices?

I’m not personally familiar with all the options for Android, but I know a popular app is DavDroid which actually syncs contacts and calendar to the default apps on Android (or any others you choose). It doesn’t have contacts and calendar interfaces itself.

Thank you, Dave. That seems to be the most popular and stable option now.

Hi there, on all our Android devices we have been very successfully using " ContactSync - CardDAV and more" and " CalendarSync - CalDAV and more" they work very well and the support if needed is brilliant. I have been using these on Runbox since CalDAV and CardDAV first became available…

Cheers, Derek

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I have used DavX5 instead after some research and recommendation. What a bummer that Android did not have these by default.

1 Like

Hi there.

I am a happy user of DavX5.

Works just fine!

I also use DavX5 and it works fine !

By the way, it is also possible to “copy” all the contacts from one an address book to an other on android.
This way, I was able to copy all my contact from an other davx5 account to runbox account.

Here is a link https://www.davx5.com/faq/existing-contacts-are-not-synced

It can be an alternate way to import your address book to runbox.
If you don’t have too many contacts, it may worth to review a bit the content after such transfert.

If someone know a similar way to copy a calendar to an other one, I’m interested :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing about copying contacts :slight_smile: